5 Celebrities On the Paleo Diet

Everyone wants to know the secrets to how actors, actresses, musicians, and athletes maintain slim physiques with defined abs. The Paleolithic diet, commonly known as the Paleo diet or Caveman Diet, is a nutritional approach that advocates contemporary, wholesome foods. The means if the cavemen didn’t eat it, neither should you. Paleo meals are a mix of natural ingredients that were consumed pre-civilization such as fish, eggs, nuts, grass-fed pasture raised meats. Excluded are grains, legumes, dairy, processed oils, refined salt and sugar. The health benefits are sworn to promote strength and energy which is why these five celebs are proponents of this diet.

  1. 1

    Jack Osbourne

    Diagnosed in 2012 with multiple sclerosis, the twenty-six year old proactively sought out the Paleo diet for a lifestyle and diet change as one alternative treatment to his illness. The celeb is a firm supporter of healthy eating habits, such as juicing, as well as eliminating dairy, gluten and grain. Following a strict routine of clean eating is a modern take on ancient medicine. Osbourne has received support for his motto of “adapt and overcome,” in reference to control and tackle the disease.

  2. 2

    Miley Cyrus

    Openly gluten-intolerant is America’s once-innocent superstar. Now, the singer flaunts her fit body attributed to her Paleo diet by self-choice and food allergen. Because gluten has been introduced to our diets in recent years our digestive systems reject its unnatural processes. Cyrus promotes that a gluten-free lifestyle is the secret to her slim figure because it is effective for weight control and is reported to eliminate bloating often caused by unprocessed foods.

  3. 3

    Jessica Biel

    If there’s anybody to lust after, it’s the extraordinary figure of Biel, who is a Paleo diet enthusiast and crossfit advocate. Her lean figure is attributed to her nutritional and fitness routine. Meals of high-protein and low-carb give Biel the high level of energy she needs for intense workouts. Biel has been known to follow this diet in preparation of her role in action films, where defined muscles and tight abs are complimentary to her character’s role.

  4. 4

    Matthew McConaughey

    A strict follower of the Paleo Diet, there’s no wonder McConaughey is one of the most photographed body’s on the beach. People’s 2005 Sexiest Man Alive has a very important title to uphold. His lifestyle is heavily influenced by an appearance that requires a healthy and fit physique. The actor rejects processed grains and refined sugar from his diet up to 90% of the time. He admits to splurging and cheat-eating with his three young children for the remaining 10%.

  5. 5

    Eva La Rue

    The CSI Miami Star picked up the diet with her husband, who was influenced by the founders of Crossfit Football. Similar to Biel, la Rue attributes the health craze and fitness routine go hand in hand. Specifically, Paleo is excellent to build lean muscles, an elemental factor to the Crossfit workout. She admits the difficulties of sticking to a strict diet in Hollywood, specifically when meals on set are prepared for entire casts and crew thus she must pick and choose what she puts on her plate wisely.

Meet the Author

Russell Martin

Programmer by day, Paleo junkie by night. After discovering the Paleo Diet, my eyes were opened to a world of health and fitness that I had managed to ignore for years. A year and a half into my primal lifestyle and I haven't looked back since.

Add new comment

Filtered HTML

  • Allowed HTML tags: <h2><h3><h4><ul><li><ol><blockquote><div><p><a> <em> <strong> <cite> <blockquote> <code> <ul> <ol> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd><span>
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
By submitting this form, you accept the Mollom privacy policy.