- July 19, 2013
- 0 Comments
There are few things I love more in this world than taking a walk on a rainy afternoon all while knowing I have a warm Pumpkin Bread in the oven waiting for me. Yet as I write this it is 80 degrees and the middle of July and I'm craving a good, dare I say amazing, Paleo Pumpkin Bread recipe. My problem is that I have no great recipes on hand since my old ones were back before I attempted a Paleo lifestyle. Hannah, from the Paleo Baking Company, has been kind enough to share a great pumpkin spice bread recipe with us so we are excited to pass it along to you.
So what do I love about this recipe? Well the spice mix is the best tasting and also healthiest Pumpkin bread mix I have found to date, with a short list healthy ingredients it is what I call a no BS mix. It provides great flavor with an ingredient list of ingredients that you can decipher, things like Hazelnut flour and Coconut flour.
So lets talk about the taste: the recipe calls for a good amount of Coconut oil, Hazelnut flour, and Coconut flour all of which provide a very light and creamy taste that I have yet to find on any other Pumpkin Bread recipes. The Hazelnut flour is very well complimented by the assortment of spices within the mix. Sitting down with this and a glass of Almond Milk over ice was the full treat I needed to make Pumpkin Bread in July.
Happy baking and let us know what you thought!
- 1 package of Paleo Spice Cake and Muffin Mix
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup melted coconut oil (just heat it up)
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- Make Paleo Spice Cake and Muffin Mix according to package instructions, by combining pumpkin with wet ingredients before adding the dry mix.
- Spoon batter into two bread pans, two 9" round cake pans, or one 9x13" pan
- Bake cake pans at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes until cakes are cooked through and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.