- August 19, 2013
- 0 Comments
We are back in the kitchen this week, and we are going to show you how to make some delicious Lemon Poppyseed Muffins. Hannah, from the Paleo Baking Company, has been kind enough to share this great recipe with us so we are excited to pass them along to you. The last couple recipes we have published have used the Paleo Cake and Muffin mix as the main base for the recipe. The mix is quite simple once you look at the ingredients. The main ingredients in the mix are hazelnut flour and coconut flour. Both of these are 100% Paleo safe and allow us to enjoy these delicious paleo muffins.
Prep time for this recipe is around 10 minutes and then it takes 20-25 minutes for the actually cooking. Thats not to bad when considering you get warm muffins in just a half hours time. This recipe will make approximately 15-17 muffins per a batch. As usual we encourage you to experiment and build upon this paleo recipe. Try adding fruit or nuts to the paleo muffin mix and then let us know how things turn out in the comments.
- 1 package of Hazelnut Cake and Muffin Mix
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup liquid coconut oil (melted)
- 1 cup honey
- zest and juice of 4 fresh lemons
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds (optional)
- Make Hazelnut Cake and Muffin Mix according to package instructions
- Combine lemon zest and juice with wet ingredients before adding dry mix.
- Stir in poppy seeds and drop batter into individual muffin papers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes until muffins are golden brown on top. You can insert a toothpick as well until it comes out clean.