- August 7, 2013
- 0 Comments
Yes, you heard us right, carrot cake. Hannah, from the Paleo Baking Company, has been kind enough to share this great Carrot Cake recipe with us so we are excited to pass them along to you. This time we are using the Paleo Spice Cake mix to make some delicious paleo safe carrot cake. The paleo cake mix we have been using lately is an extremely versatile product. We've mentioned it in many of paleo bread recipes in the past including the blueberry muffins and the pumpkin spice bread. This time we are going to mix things up and throw some carrots in the mix.
- 1 Spice Cake and Muffin Mix
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups fresh carrots, grated
- Make Spice Cake Mix according to the instructions on the package.
- Make sure to add three cups of grated carrots to the wet ingredients before blending in the dry mix.
- Spread the thick batter evenly into two 9" round cake pans or one 9x13" pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow cakes to cool completely on a wire rack, then cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Once cake(s) are cool frost or top with paleo vanilla crème.